Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- It is difficult, if not impossible, for most people to think otherwise than in the fashion of their own period.
- When our relatives are at home, we have to think of all their good points or it would be impossible to endure them. But when they are away, we console ourselves for their absence by dwelling on their vices.
- All progress means war with society.
- All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions.
- Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.