It is a dangerous thing to reform anyone.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.
- The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence.
- Absolute catholicity of taste is not without its dangers. It is only an auctioneer who should admire all schools of art.
- Nothing is so dangerous as being too modern; one is apt to grow old fashioned quite suddenly.
- A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.
- Thinking is the most unhealthy thing in the world, and people die of it just as they die of any other disease. Fortunately, in England at any rate, thought is not catching. Our splendid physique as a people is entirely due to our national stupidity.