No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Shallow people believe in luck and in circumstances; Strong people believe in cause and effect.
- Some men are born to own, and can animate all their possessions. Others cannot: their owning is not graceful; seems to be a compromise of their character: they seem to steal their own dividends.
- The State must follow, and not lead, the character and progress of the citizen.
- A man’s wife has more power over him than the state has.
- If a man sits down to think, he is immediately asked if has a headache.