People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think.
- No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character.
- That which we call character is a reserved force which acts directly by presence, and without means. It is conceived of as a certain undemonstrable force, a familiar or genius, by whose impulses the man is guided, but whose counsels he cannot impart.
- A character is like an acrostic or Alexandrian stanza; read it forward, backward, or across, it still spells the same thing.
- Judge of your natural character by what you do in dreams.
- Gross and obscure natures, however decorated, seem impure shambles; but character gives splendor to youth, and awe to wrinkled skin and gray hairs.