And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up. [New Test.]
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
- Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth. [Mathew 6:2-3]
- God loveth a cheerful giver. [2 Corinthians 9:7]
- And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. [Matthew 10:28]
- And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. [Ephesians 4:32]
- Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. [I Corinthians]