And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up. [New Test.]
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- And now abideth faith, hope and charity, these three, but the greatest of these is charity. [Corinthians]
- Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
- God loveth a cheerful giver. [2 Corinthians 9:7]
- Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth. [Mathew 6:2-3]
- Some men are so lazy they won’t even feed themselves.
- The poor will always be with you. [John 12: 8]