You are much surer that you are doing good when you pay money to those who work, as the recompense of their labor, than when you give money merely in charity.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- He who waits to do a great deal of good at once, will never do anything.
- Few enterprises of great labor or hazard would be undertaken if we had not the power of magnifying the advantages we expect from them.
- Exercise is labor without weariness.
- Is not a patron, my lord, one who looks with unconcern on a man struggling for life in the water, and, when he has reached ground, encumbers him with help? The notice which you have been pleased to take of my labors, had it been early, had been kind; but it has been delayed till I am indifferent, and cannot enjoy it; till I am solitary, and cannot impart it; till I am known, and do not want it.
- Turn on the prudent ant thy heedful eyes. Observe her labors, sluggard, and be wise.
- Labor, if it were not necessary for existence, would be indispensable for the happiness of man.