Marvelous is the power which can be exercised, almost unconsciously, over a company, or an individual, or even upon a crowd by one person gifted with good temper, good digestion, good intellects, and good looks.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- And above all things, never think that you’re not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning
- I judge a man by his actions with men, much more than by his declarations Godwards — When I find him to be envious, carping, spiteful, hating the successes of others, and complaining that the world has never done enough for him, I am apt to doubt whether his humility before God will atone for his want of manliness.
- Book love… is your pass to the greatest, the purest, and the most perfect pleasure that God has prepared for His creatures.
- I hold that gentleman to be the best-dressed whose dress no one observes.
- They are best dressed, whose dress no one observes.
- Success is the necessary misfortune of life, but it is only to the very unfortunate that it comes early.