I feel an earnest and humble desire, and shall till I die, to increase the stock of harmless cheerfulness.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous preservers of youthful looks.
- Many merry Christmases, friendships, great accumulation of cheerful recollections, affection on earth, and Heaven at last for all of us.
- I have known a vast quantity of nonsense talked about bad men not looking you in the face. Don’t trust that conventional idea. Dishonesty will stare honesty out of countenance any day in the week, if there is anything to be got by it.
- We know, Mr. Weller — we, who are men of the world — that a good uniform must work its way with the women, sooner or later.
- It’s my old girl that advises. She has the head. But I never own to it before her. Discipline must be maintained.
- A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.