A cheerful face is nearly as good for an invalid as healthy weather.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
- Be studious in your profession, and you will be learned. Be industrious and frugal, and you will be rich. Be sober and temperate, and you will be healthy. Be in general virtuous, and you will be happy. At least you will, by such conduct, stand the best chance for such consequences.
- He that blows the coals in quarrels that he has nothing to do with, has no right to complain if the sparks fly in his face.
- If you can’t pay for a thing, don’t buy it. If you can’t get paid for it, don’t sell it. Do this, and you will have calm and drowsy nights, with all of the good business you have now and none of the bad. If you have time, don’t wait for time.
- There never was a good war or a bad peace.
- Happiness consists more in small conveniences of pleasures that occur every day, than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom to a man in the course of his life.