A cheerful face is nearly as good for an invalid as healthy weather.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
- Be studious in your profession, and you will be learned. Be industrious and frugal, and you will be rich. Be sober and temperate, and you will be healthy. Be in general virtuous, and you will be happy. At least you will, by such conduct, stand the best chance for such consequences.
- He that blows the coals in quarrels that he has nothing to do with, has no right to complain if the sparks fly in his face.
- Most people dislike vanity in others, whatever share they have of it themselves; but I give it fair quarter, wherever I meet with it, being persuaded that it is often productive of good to the possessor, and to others who are within his sphere of action: and therefore, in many cases, it would not be altogether absurd if a man were to thank God for his vanity among the other comforts of life.
- I have always thought that one man of tolerable abilities may work great changes, and accomplish great affairs among mankind, if he first forms a good plan, and, cutting off all amusements or other employments that would divert his attention, make the execution of that same plan his sole study and business.
- There never was a good war or a bad peace.