A cheerful face is nearly as good for an invalid as healthy weather.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
- Be studious in your profession, and you will be learned. Be industrious and frugal, and you will be rich. Be sober and temperate, and you will be healthy. Be in general virtuous, and you will be happy. At least you will, by such conduct, stand the best chance for such consequences.
- Necessity never made a good bargain.
- Happiness consists more in small conveniences of pleasures that occur every day, than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom to a man in the course of his life.
- There never was a good war or a bad peace.
- I have always thought that one man of tolerable abilities may work great changes, and accomplish great affairs among mankind, if he first forms a good plan, and, cutting off all amusements or other employments that would divert his attention, make the execution of that same plan his sole study and business.