Happiness is essentially a state of going somewhere wholeheartedly, one-directionally, without regret or reservation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The most manifest sign of wisdom is a continual cheerfulness; her state is like that in the regions above the moon, always clear and serene.
- A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
- The truest greatness lies in being kind, the truest wisdom in a happy mind.
- To watch the corn grow, or the blossoms set; to draw hard breath over the plough or spade; to read, to think, to love, to pray, are the things that make men happy.
- So of cheerfulness, or a good temper, the more it is spent, the more it remains.
- Cheerfulness removes the rust from the mind, lubricates our inward machinery, and enables us to do our work with fewer creaks and ;groans. If people were universally cheerful, probably there wouldn’t be half the quarreling or a tenth part of the wickedness