The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Thunder is impressive, but it is lightning that does the work.
- Write without pay until somebody offers to pay you. If nobody offers within three years, sawing wood is what you were intended for.
- The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.
- Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Let us be grateful to Adam, our benefactor. He cut us out of the blessing of idleness and won for us the curse of labor.
- A powerful agent is the right word. Whenever we come upon one of those intensely right words… the resulting effect is physical as well as spiritual, and electrically prompt.