A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Selective ignorance, a cornerstone of child rearing. You don’t put kids under surveillance: it might frighten you. Parents should sit tall in the saddle and look upon their troops with a noble and benevolent and extremely nearsighted gaze.
- Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people.
- Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose.
- Humor, a good sense of it, is to Americans what manhood is to Spaniards and we will go to great lengths to prove it. Experiments with laboratory rats have shown that, if one psychologist in the room laughs at something a rat does, all of the other psychologists in the room will laugh equally. Nobody wants to be left holding the joke.
- One day Donald Trump will discover that he is owned by Lutheran Brotherhood and must re negotiate his debt load with a committee of silent Norwegians who don’t understand why anyone would pay more than $120.00 for a suit.
- The funniest line in English is Get it? When you say that, everyone chortles.