A woman’s asking for equality in the church would be comparable to a black person’s demanding equality in the Ku Klux Klan.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We will look upon the earth and her sister planets as being with us, not for us. One does not rape a sister.
- Why indeed must God be a noun? Why not a verb — the most active and dynamic of all.
- If God is male, then male is God. The divine patriarch castrates women as long as he is allowed to live on in the human imagination.
- A church is a place in which gentlemen who have never been to heaven brag about it to persons who will never get there.
- One hundred religious persons knit into a unity by careful organizations do not constitute a church any more than eleven dead men make a football team. The first requisite is life, always.
- If church prelates, past or present, had even an inkling of physiology they’d realize that what they term this inner ugliness creates and nourishes the hearing ear, the seeing eye, the active mind, and energetic body of man and woman, in the same way that dirt and dung at the roots give the plant its delicate leaves and the full-blown rose.