Prepare for death, if here at night you roam, and sign your will before you sup from home.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Language is only the instrument of science, and words are but the signs of ideas.
- I gleaned jests at home from obsolete farces.
- It is easy to talk of sitting at home contented, when others are seeing or making shows. But not to have been where it is supposed, and seldom supposed falsely, that all would go if they could; to be able to say nothing when everyone is talking; to have no opinion when everyone is judging; to hear exclamations of rapture without power to depress; to listen to falsehoods without right to contradict, is, after all, a state of temporary inferiority, in which the mind is rather hardened by stubbornness, than supported by fortitude. If the world be worth winning let us enjoy it, if it is to be despised let us despise it by conviction. But the world is not to be despised but as it is compared with something better.
- To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition, the end to which every enterprise and labor tends, and of which every desire prompts the prosecution.
- Disease generally begins that equality which death completes.
- I know not, Madam, that you have a right, upon moral principles, to make your readers suffer so much.