One of the benefits of a college education is to show the boy its little avail.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The colleges, while they provide us with libraries, furnish no professors of books; and I think no chair is so much needed.
- Universities are of course hostile to geniuses, which, seeing and using ways of their own, discredit the routine: as churches and monasteries persecute youthful saints.
- We are shut up in schools and college recitation rooms for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a belly-full of words and do not know a thing. The things taught in schools and colleges are not an education, but the means of education.
- I pay the schoolmaster, but it is the school boys who educate my son.
- A college education should equip one to entertain three things: a friend, an idea and oneself.
- A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.