No one would talk much in society if they knew how often they misunderstood others.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Know thyself? If I knew myself I would run away.
- People should talk less and draw more. Personally, I would like to renounce speech altogether and, like organic nature, communicate everything I have to say visually.
- Whenever I hear people talking about liberal ideas, I am always astounded that men should love to fool themselves with empty sounds. An idea should never be liberal; it must be vigorous, positive, and without loose ends so that it may fulfill its divine mission and be productive. The proper place for liberality is in the realm of the emotions.
- Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.
- Great endowments often announce themselves in youth in the form of singularity and awkwardness.
- He who does not expect a million readers should not write a line.