One strength of the communist system of the East is that it has some of the character of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- My religion consists of a humble admiration of the unlimitable superior who reveals Himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God.
- Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sense experience correspond to a logically uniform system of thought.
- Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.
- The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mysterious. It is the power of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms — this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I belong to the rank of devoutly religious men.
- Each makes this cosmos and its construction the pivot of his emotional life, in order to find in this way peace and security which he can not find in the narrow whirlpool of personal experience.
- Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.