There are only two sorts of people in life you can trust — good Christians and good Communists.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I am a communist because I believe that the Communist idea is a state form of Christianity.
- Communists should be the first to be concerned about other people and country and the last to enjoy themselves.
- Communists are people who fancied that they had an unhappy childhood.
- In the end we beat them with Levi 501 jeans. Seventy-two years of Communist indoctrination and propaganda was drowned out by a three-ounce Sony Walkman. A huge totalitarian system has been brought to its knees because nobody wants to wear Bulgarian shoes. Now they’re lunch, and we’re number one on the planet.
- Communists have always played an active role in the fight by colonial countries for their freedom, because the short-term objects of Communism would always correspond with the long-term objects of freedom movements.
- Communism, my friend, is more than Marxism, just as Catholicism is more than the Roman Curia. There is a mystique as well as a politick. Catholics and Communists have committed great crimes, but at least they have not stood aside, like an established society, and been indifferent. I would rather have blood on my hands than water like Pilate.