Our fear that Communism might some day take over most of the world blinds us to the fact that anti-communism already has.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I am a Marxist… of the Groucho tendency.
- Women, despite the fact that nine out of ten of them go through life with a death-bed air either of snatching-the-last-moment or with martyr-resignation, do not die tomorrow — or the next day. They have to live on to any one of many bitter ends.
- I often wish that I could rid the world of the tyranny of facts. What are facts but compromises? A fact merely marks the point where we have agreed to let investigation cease.
- The early twenties when we drank wood alcohol and every day in every way grew better and better, and there was a first abortive shortening of the skirts, and girls all looked alike in sweater dresses, and people you didn’t want to know said Yes, we have no bananas, and it seemed only a question of a few years before the older people would step aside and let the world be run by those who saw things as they were — and it all seems rosy and romantic to us who were young then, because we will never feel quite so intensely about our surroundings any more.
- Love may be blind but jealousy has 20-20 vision.
- Kindness, a language deaf people can hear and blind see