For everything you have missed, you have gained something else; and for everything you gain, you lose something else.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Bad times have a scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss.
- As the Sandwich Islander believes that the strength and valor of the enemy he kills passes into himself, so we gain the strength of the temptation we resist.
- We gain the strength of the temptation we resist.
- Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God’s handwriting — a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing.
- The perception of the comic is a tie of sympathy with other men, a pledge of sanity, and a protection from those perverse tendencies and gloomy insanities in which fine intellects sometimes lose themselves. A rogue alive to the ludicrous is still convertible. If that sense is lost, his fellow-men can do little for him.
- For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.