I will not be as those who spend the day in complaining of headache, and the night in drinking the wine that gives it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- This is the highest wisdom that I own; freedom and life are earned by those alone who conquer them each day anew.
- A person can stand almost anything except a succession of ordinary days.
- One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.
- Nothing is worth more than this day. You cannot relive yesterday. Tomorrow is still beyond your reach
- Then indecision brings its own delays, And days are lost lamenting o’er lost days. Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute; What you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
- There is one topic peremptorily forbidden to all well-bred, to all rational mortals, namely, their distempers. If you have not slept, or if you have slept, or if you have headache, or sciatica, or leprosy, or thunder-stroke, I beseech you, by all angels, to hold your peace, and not pollute the morning.