I will not be as those who spend the day in complaining of headache, and the night in drinking the wine that gives it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Nothing is to be rated higher than the value of the day.
- This is the highest wisdom that I own; freedom and life are earned by those alone who conquer them each day anew.
- A person can stand almost anything except a succession of ordinary days.
- Nothing is worth more than this day. You cannot relive yesterday. Tomorrow is still beyond your reach
- One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.
- Then indecision brings its own delays, And days are lost lamenting o’er lost days. Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute; What you can do, or dream you can, begin it.