Noise proves nothing, Often a hen who has laid an egg cackles as if she had laid an asteroid.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I think a compliment ought to always precede a complaint, where one is possible, because it softens resentment and insures for the complaint a courteous and gentle reception.
- Put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket.
- The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creatures that cannot.
- It is better to be a young June-bug than an old bird of paradise.
- Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do, and play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do.