If you are not very clever, you should be conciliatory.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Nine-tenths of the existing books are nonsense and the clever books are the refutation of that nonsense.
- Books are fatal: they are the curse of the human race. Nine-tenths of existing books are nonsense, and the clever books are the refutation of that nonsense. The greatest misfortune that ever befell man was the invention of printing.
- Conservatism discards Prescription, shrinks from Principle, disavows Progress: having reflected all respect for antiquity, it offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future.
- We live in an age when to be young and to be indifferent can be no longer synonymous. We must prepare for the coming hour. The claims of the Future are represented by suffering millions; and the Youth of a Nation are the trustees of Posterity.
- I was told that the Privileged and the People formed Two Nations.
- Nothing can withstand the power of the human will if it is willing to stake its very existence to the extent of its purpose.