I exhort you also to take part in the great combat, which is the combat of life, and greater than every other earthly conflict.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Ignorance of all things is an evil neither terrible nor excessive, nor yet the greatest of all; but great cleverness and much learning, if they be accompanied by a bad training, are a much greater misfortune.
- All things will be produced in superior quantity and quality, and with greater ease, when each man works at a single occupation, in accordance with his natural gifts, and at the right moment, without meddling with anything else.
- The punishment which the wise suffer who refuse to take part in the government, is to live under the government of worse men.
- The beginning is the most important part of the work.
- The most important part of education is proper training in the nursery.
- Old age has a great sense of calm and freedom. When the passions have relaxed their hold and have escaped, not from one master, but from many.