Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
- In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made School Boards.
- The American, if he has a spark of national feeling, will be humiliated by the very prospect of a foreigner’s visit to Congress — these, for the most part, illiterate hacks whose fancy vests are spotted with gravy, and whose speeches, hypocritical, unctuous, and slovenly, are spotted also with the gravy of political patronage, these persons are a reflection on the democratic process rather than of it; they expose it in its process rather than of it; they expose it in its underwear.
- This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer.
- With Congress, every time they make a joke it’s a law, and every time they make a law it’s a joke.