The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out, the conservative adopts them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out, the conservative adopts them.
- Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will.
- Men are conservatives when they are least vigorous, or when they are most luxurious. They are conservatives after dinner, or before taking their rest; when they are sick or aged. In the morning, or when their intellect or their conscience has been aroused, when they hear music, or when they read poetry, they are radicals.
- The word conservative is used by the BBC as a portmanteau word of abuse for anyone whose views differ from the insufferable, smug, sanctimonious, naive, guilt-ridden, wet, pink orthodoxy of that sunset home of the third-rate minds of that third-rate decade, the nineteen-sixties.
- I could have become a soldier if I had waited; I knew more about retreating than the man who invented retreating.
- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented man because he was disappointed in the monkey.