You accuse a woman of wavering affections, but don’t blame her; she is just looking for a consistent man.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If a man or woman is born ten years sooner or later, their whole aspect and performance shall be different.
- Freedom consists not in refusing to recognize anything above us, but in respecting something which is above us; for by respecting it, we raise ourselves to it, and, by our very acknowledgment, prove that we bear within ourselves what is higher, and are worthy to be on a level with it
- I don’t know a greater advantage, than to appreciate the worth of an enemy.
- Don’t dissipate your powers; strive to concentrate them. Genius thinks it can do whatever it sees others doing, but it will surely repent of every ill-judged outlay.
- The really unhappy person is the one who leaves undone what they can do, and starts doing what they don’t understand; no wonder they come to grief.
- What, then, is the true Gospel of consistency? Change. Who is the really consistent man? The man who changes. Since change is the law of his being, he cannot be consistent if he stick in a rut.