How can what an Englishman believes be hearsay? It is a contradiction in terms.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- That is the whole secret of successful fighting. Get your enemy at a disadvantage; and never, on any account, fight him on equal terms.
- No king on earth is as safe in his job as a Trade Union official. There is only one thing that can get him sacked; and that is drink. Not even that, as long as he doesn’t actually fall down.
- The test of a man or woman’s breeding is how they behave in a quarrel.
- I was a freethinker before I knew how to think.
- Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
- It is easy — terribly easy — to shake a man’s faith in himself. To take advantage of that to break a man’s spirit is devil’s work.