Let everyone sweep in front of his own door, and the whole world will be clean.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Rest not. Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die. Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time.
- Everything in the world may be endured except continual prosperity.
- Talents are best nurtured in solitude. Character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world.
- The world is for thousands a freak show; the images flicker past and vanish; the impressions remain flat and unconnected in the soul. Thus they are easily led by the opinions of others, are content to let their impressions be shuffled and rearranged and evaluated differently.
- Character is formed in the stormy billows of the world.
- He is dead in this world who has no belief in another.