It began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
- A poem records emotions and moods that lie beyond normal language, that can only be patched together and hinted at metaphorically.
- There is no way in which to understand the world without first detecting it through the radar-net of our senses.
- We live on the leash of our senses.
- Everyone admits that love is wonderful and necessary, yet no one agrees on just what it is.
- My country owes me nothing. It gave me, as it gives every boy and girl, a chance. It gave me schooling, independence of action, opportunity for service and honor. In no other land could a boy from a country village, without inheritance or influential friends, look forward with unbounded hope.