Until the day of his death, no man can be sure of his courage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It takes a certain courage and a certain greatness to be truly base.
- Every man thinks God is on his side. The rich and powerful know he is.
- An ugly sight, a man who is afraid.
- It is restful, tragedy, because one knows that there is no more lousy hope left. You know you’re caught, caught at last like a rat with all the world on its back. And the only thing left to do is shout — not moan, or complain, but yell out at the top of your voice whatever it was you had to say. What you’ve never said before. What perhaps you don’t even know till now.
- One cannot weep for the entire world, it is beyond human strength. One must choose.
- Saintliness is also a temptation.