Courage is acting in spite of fear.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- For without belittling the courage with which men have died, we should not forget those acts of courage with which men have lived.
- Courage that grows from constitution often forsakes a man when he has occasion for it; courage which arises from a sense of duty acts ;in a uniform manner.
- Courage charms us, because it indicates that a man loves an idea better than all things in the world, that he is thinking neither of his bed, nor his dinner, nor his money, but will venture all to put in act the invisible thought of his mind.
- The bravest thing you can do when you are not brave is to profess courage and act accordingly.
- Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear.
- Courage consists not in hazarding without fear; but being resolutely minded in a just cause.