Here I stand; I can do no other. God help me. Amen!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.
- So our Lord God commonly gave riches to those gross asses to whom he vouchsafed nothing else.
- Anyone who can be proved to be a seditious person is an outlaw before God and the emperor; and whoever is the first to put him to death does right and well. Therefore let everyone who can, smite, slay and stab, secretly or openly, remembering that nothing can be more poisonous, hurtful, or devilish than a rebel.
- All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired.
- I have no pleasure in any man who despises music. It is no invention of ours: it is a gift of God. I place it next to theology. Satan hates music: he knows how it drives the evil spirit out of us.
- You should point to the whole man Jesus and say, That is God.