It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare.
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not absence of fear.
- Nothing that grieves us can be called little: by the eternal laws of proportion a child’s loss of a doll and a king’s loss of a crown are events of the same size.
- Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
- A man can seldom — very, very, seldom — fight a winning fight against his training; the odds are too heavy.