The human race is a race of cowards; and I am not only marching in that procession, but carrying a banner.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There are several good protections against temptation, but the surest is cowardice.
- There is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream, a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought –a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!
- Such is the human race. Often it does seem such a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat.
- We owe a deep debt of gratitude to Adam, the first great benefactor of the human race: he brought death into the world.
- Why was the human race created? Or at least why wasn’t something creditable created in place of it? God had His opportunity. He could have made a reputation. But no, He must commit this grotesque folly — a lark which must have cost Him a regret or two when He came to think it over and observe effects.
- The human race has but one really affective weapon, and that is laughter.