Commit a crime, and the earth is made of glass.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Crime and punishment grow out of one stem. Punishment is a fruit that, unsuspected, ripens with the flower of the pleasure that concealed it.
- Many commit the same crime with a different destiny; one bears a cross as the price of his villainy, another wears a crown.
- Fate is nothing but the deeds committed in a prior state of existence.
- He has committed the crime who profits by it.
- The religion that is afraid of science dishonors God and commits suicide.
- A man is known by the books he reads, by the company he keeps, by the praise he gives, by his dress, by his tastes, by his distastes, by the stories he tells, by his gait, by the notion of his eye, by the look of his house, of his chamber; for nothing on earth is solitary but every thing hath affinities infinite.