Commit a crime, and the earth is made of glass.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Crime and punishment grow out of one stem. Punishment is a fruit that, unsuspected, ripens with the flower of the pleasure that concealed it.
- Wisdom is like electricity. There is no permanently wise man, but men capable of wisdom, who, being put into certain company, or other favorable conditions, become wise for a short time, as glasses rubbed acquire electric power for a while.
- Many commit the same crime with a different destiny; one bears a cross as the price of his villainy, another wears a crown.
- Fate is nothing but the deeds committed in a prior state of existence.
- He has committed the crime who profits by it.
- The religion that is afraid of science dishonors God and commits suicide.