Men over forty are no judges of a book written in a new spirit.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Blame is safer than praise.
- Criticism should not be querulous and wasting, all knife and root-puller, but guiding, instructive, inspiring.
- Out of Plato come all things that are still written and debated about among men of thought.
- Shall we then judge a country by the majority, or by the minority? By the minority, surely. ‘Tis pedantry to estimate nations by the census, or by square miles of land, or other than by their importance to the mind of the time.
- Shall we judge a country by the majority, or by the minority? By the minority, surely.
- Dear to us are those who love us… but dearer are those who reject us as unworthy, for they add another life; they build a heaven before us whereof we had not dreamed, and thereby supply to us new powers out of the recesses of the spirit, and urge us to new and unattempted performances.