What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The mind of the thoroughly well-informed man is a dreadful thing. It is like a bric-?-brac shop, all monsters and dust, with everything priced above its proper value.
- Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
- A cynic is just a man who found out when he was ten that there wasn’t any Santa Claus, and he’s still upset.
- The cynic is one who never sees a good quality in a man, and never fails to see a bad one. He is the human owl, vigilant in darkness and blind to light, mousing for vermin, and never seeing noble game.
- It takes a clever man to turn cynic and a wise man to be clever enough not to.
- A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.