On with dance, let joy be unconfined, is my motto; whether there’s any dance to dance or any joy to unconfined.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The secret source of humor itself is not joy but sorrow. There is no humor in heaven.
- Grief can take care of itself; but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.
- Dancing with abandon, turning a tango into a fertility rite.
- We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least once.
- When we were at school we were taught to sing the songs of the Europeans. How many of us were taught the songs of the Wanyamwezi or of the Wahehe? Many of us have learnt to dance the rumba, or the cha cha, to rock and roll and to twist and even to dance the waltz and foxtrot. But how many of us can dance, or have even heard of the gombe sugu, the mangala, nyang umumi, kiduo, or lele mama?
- Dancing is a wonderful training for girls, it’s the first way you learn to guess what a man is going to do before he does it.