Oh my son’s my son till he gets him a wife, but my daughter’s my daughter all her life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Friendship is the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person having neither to weigh thoughts or measure words, but pouring all right out just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful friendly hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of comfort, blow the rest away.
- Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.
- As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied.
- How the mother is to be pitied who hath handsome daughters! Locks, bolts, bars, and lectures of morality are nothing to them: they break through them all. They have as much pleasure in cheating a father and mother, as in cheating at cards.
- I only have two rules for my newly born daughter: she will dress well and never have sex.
- You teach your daughters the diameters of the planets and wonder when you are done that they do not delight in your company.