As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Musical people are so absurdly unreasonable. They always want one to be perfectly dumb at the very moment when one is longing to be absolutely deaf.
- Twenty years of romance make a woman look like a ruin, but twenty years of marriage make her something like a public building.
- I know not whether Laws be right or whether Laws be wrong; all that we know who live in goal is that the wall is strong; and that each day is like a year, a year whose days are long.
- A man can be happy with any woman, as long as he does not love her.
- The amount of women in London who flirt with their own husbands is perfectly scandalous. It looks so bad. It is simply washing one’s clean linen in public.
- It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one’s back, that are absolutely and entirely true.