We are but tenants and shortly the great landlord will give us notice that our lease has expired.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I have lost everything, and I am so poor now that I really cannot afford to let anything worry me.
- Madam, Life’s a piece in bloom death goes dogging everywhere: She’s the tenant of the room he’s the ruffian on the stair.
- I never wanted to see anybody die, but there are a few obituary notices I have read with pleasure.
- We owe a deep debt of gratitude to Adam, the first great benefactor of the human race: he brought death into the world.
- O eloquent, just, and mighty Death! whom none could advise, thou hast persuaded; what none hath dared, thou hast done; and whom all the world hath flattered, thou only hath cast out of the world and despised. Thou hast drawn together all the far-stretched greatness, all the pride, cruelty, and ambition of man, and covered it all over with these two narrow words, Hic jacet!
- When a great man dies, for years the light he leaves behind him, lies on the paths of men.