I will be conquered; I will not capitulate.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time.
- To strive with difficulties, and to conquer them, is the highest human felicity.
- The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
- I know not, Madam, that you have a right, upon moral principles, to make your readers suffer so much.
- So different are the colors of life, as we look forward to the future, or backward to the past; and so different the opinions and sentiments which this contrariety of appearance naturally produces, that the conversation of the old and young ends generally with contempt or pity on either side.
- All wonder is the effect of novelty on ignorance.