Death is but a passage. It is not a house, it is only a vestibule. The grave has a door on its inner side.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Seek to cultivate a buoyant, joyous sense of the crowded kindnesses of God in your daily life.
- The grace of God, says Luther, is like a flying summer shower. It has fallen upon more than one land, and passed on. Judea had it, and lies barren and dry. These Asiatic coasts had it, and flung it away.
- In making our decisions, we must use the brains that God has given us. But we must also use our hearts which He also gave us. A man who has not learned to say, No –who is not resolved that he will take God’s way, in spite of every dog that can bay or bark at him, in spite of every silvery choice that woos him aside–will be a weak and a wretched man till he dies.
- Man’s course begins in a garden, but it ends in a city.
- If you would win the world, melt it, do not hammer it.
- We believe that the history of the world is but the history of His influence and that the center of the whole universe is the cross of Calvary.