One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- One has to pay dearly for immortality; one has to die several times while one is still alive.
- The newspaper reader says: this party will ruin itself if it makes errors like this. My higher politics says: a party which makes errors like this is already finished — it is no longer secure in its instincts.
- Man is no longer an artist, he has become a work of art.
- We have art in order not to die of the truth.
- When one does away with oneself one does the most estimable thing possible: one thereby almost deserves to live.
- He who cannot obey himself will be commanded. That is the nature of living creatures.