The final hour when we cease to exist does not itself bring death; it merely of itself completes the death-process. We reach death at that moment, but we have been a long time on the way.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all.
- A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor.
- As for old age, embrace and love it. It abounds with pleasure if you know how to use it. The gradually declining years are among the sweetest in a man’s life, and I maintain that, even when they have reached the extreme limit, they have their pleasure still.
- What madness it is for a man to starve himself to enrich his heir, and so turn a friend into an enemy! For his joy at your death will be proportioned to what you leave him.
- Night brings our troubles to the light, rather than banishes them.
- Leisure without literature is death and burial alive.