Life levels all men. Death reveals the eminent.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I want to be all used up when I die.
- The great danger of conversion in all ages has been that when the religion of the high mind is offered to the lower mind, the lower mind, feeling its fascination without understanding it, and being incapable of rising to it, drags it down to its level by degrading it.
- As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death.
- The American Constitution, one of the few modern political documents drawn up by men who were forced by the sternest circumstances to think out what they really had to face, instead of chopping logic in a university classroom.
- Power does not corrupt men; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power.
- The Jews generally give value. They make you pay; but they deliver the goods. In my experience the men who want something for nothing are invariably Christians.