I am ready to meet God face to face tonight and look into those eyes of infinite holiness, for all my sins are covered by the atoning blood.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I would rather go to heaven alone than go to hell in company.
- If you make a great deal of Christ, He will make a great deal of you; But it you make but little of Christ, He will make but little of you.
- I am ready to meet my maker, but whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
- Those who have lived a good life do not fear death, but meet it calmly, and even long for it in the face of great suffering. But those who do not have a peaceful conscience, dread death as though life means nothing but physical torment. The challenge is to live our life so that we will be prepared for death when it comes.
- O eloquent, just, and mighty Death! whom none could advise, thou hast persuaded; what none hath dared, thou hast done; and whom all the world hath flattered, thou only hath cast out of the world and despised. Thou hast drawn together all the far-stretched greatness, all the pride, cruelty, and ambition of man, and covered it all over with these two narrow words, Hic jacet!
- I stay a little longer, as one stays, to cover up the embers that still burn.