Death is the great adventure beside which moon landings and space trips pale into insignificance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Death always waits. The door of the hearse is never closed.
- Land and sea, weakness and decline are great separators, but death is the great divorcer for ever.
- And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death. [New Testament]
- Pale death with an impartial foot knocks at the hovels of the poor and the palaces of king.
- Why fear death? It is the most beautiful adventure in life.
- O eloquent, just, and mighty Death! whom none could advise, thou hast persuaded; what none hath dared, thou hast done; and whom all the world hath flattered, thou only hath cast out of the world and despised. Thou hast drawn together all the far-stretched greatness, all the pride, cruelty, and ambition of man, and covered it all over with these two narrow words, Hic jacet!