Death always waits. The door of the hearse is never closed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Death is the great adventure beside which moon landings and space trips pale into insignificance.
- No one’s death comes to pass without making some impression, and those close to the deceased inherit part of the liberated soul and become richer in their humanness.
- As death, when we come to consider it closely, is the true goal of our existence, I have formed during the last few years such close relations with this best and truest friend of mankind, that his image is not only no longer terrifying to me, but is indeed very soothing and consoling! And I thank my God for graciously granting me the opportunity of learning that death is the key which unlocks the door to our true happiness.
- Death is but a passage. It is not a house, it is only a vestibule. The grave has a door on its inner side.
- The infant runs toward it with its eyes closed, the adult is stationary, the old man approaches it with his back turned.
- Do not go gentle into the good night. Old age should burn and rage at close of day.